The Psalms: Songs to Soothe the Soul, Vol. 1
Adding oil to the daily grind of life, twelve psalms from God’s ancient hymnal are highlighted in this first volume. Favorites include among others—Psalms 1, 19, 23, and 51. Discover what makes the Psalms such a timeless treasure.
The Courageous Living Bible study series has been developed to aid in adult Bible studies. From one-on-one to large group adult Bible classes, this series of study guides is designed to fit with any church's adult curriculum. Additionally, some churches have used them effectively in college classes.
- Each book is formatted the same with four pages of easy-to-read fully outlined texts followed by one page called Digging Deeper—thought/discussion-type questions.
- There are twelve lessons per book, allowing for a possible missed class (due to gospel meetings, VBS, weather event, etc.), or the teacher may simply choose to review during the thirteenth week.
- With an eye-catching full color cover design, each 60-page book can be tucked easily into a medium-sized Bible.
Contains the following lessons:
- Introduction—Songs to Sooth the Soul
- Psalm 1—So, You Want to Be Happy?
- Psalm 2—King of Kinds (and Presidents)
- Psalm 8—Life's 2nd Most Important Question
- Psalm 19—How Do I Know God Is Real?
- Psalm 22—The Cry of the Lonely
- Psalm 23—The Shepherd's Song
- Psalm 27—A Song for the Fearful
- Psalm 40—Getting a Grip on Daily Problems
- Psalm 42 & 43—Up-look for the Downcast
- Psalm 46—Who's in Charge around Here?
- Psalm 51—What Do I Do When I Mess Up?