Introduction to the Old Testament (2nd Edition)
This second edition of An Introduction to the Old Testament integrates and interacts with recent developments in Old Testament scholarship. Several distinctive set it apart from other introductions to the Old Testament:
- It is thoroughly evangelical in its perspective.
- It emphasizes 'special introduction'---the study of individual books.
- It interacts in an irenic spirit with the historical-critical method.
- It features points of research history and representative scholars rather than an exhaustive treatment of past scholarship.
- It deals with the meaning of each book, not in isolation but in a canonical context.
- It probes the meaning of each book in the setting of its culture Including call-outs, charts, and graphs.
- This text is written with an eye on understanding the nature of Old Testament historiography.