How We Got the Bible
The Bible is the most important book ever written. It has influenced the entire world. How did we get the Bible in its present form? What about different translations? Kyle Pope gives a good explanation of how the Bible was created and transmitted down through the centuries.
This book looks at both the Old and New Testaments to consider what is understood about the formation of Scripture. This material is explained in an easy-to-understand manner. The last chapter discusses how modern discoveries of biblical manuscripts have affected today's translations. The book includes discussion questions at the end of each section.
100 pages, paperback.
- Divine Inspiration
- The Formation of the Old Testament
- The Formation of the New Testament
- The History of the English Bible
- Manuscript Discoveries and Modern Translations
- Appendix: Choosing a Translation