Christianity & Bioethics: Confronting Clinical Issues
As medical technology advances, Christians can find themselves facing difficult and faith-challenging decisions. This excellent resource helps Christians understand how faith interacts with medical science, and provides a solid foundation from which Christians can draw in facing and making medical decisions.
Medical technology and new treatments are being discovered and promoted at a much faster rate than our ability to reflect on their ethical, social, legal and religious implications. As a result people are often unprepared to make the difficult choices that confront them today:
- Is abortion ever justifiable?
- If a loved one is suffering, can we take actions that might relieve their suffering, but will hasten their death?
- Should doctors be allowed to help patients who wish to end their lives?
- If a child is severely impaired, can we allow her to die rather than face a life of suffering?
- Can we use genetic therapy to enhance the human race?
- Should we seriously consider cloning human beings?