Bible in Twenty-First Century
- What will be the place of the Bible in the twenty-first century?
- What will be the impact of new manuscripts on the text of the Bible?
- How will archaeological discoveries and new understandings from the social sciences and linguistics help us better to understand the original meaning of these sacred texts?
- Which mode of Bible study will dominate and best aid the understanding of the Scriptures.
- Will the influx of new Bible translations taper off? If not, what kinds of new translations can we expect to see?
- As people become more visually and aurally oriented in this age of electronic media, will the Bible be able to reassert its formidable new and creative ways to communicate the Bible's message to a public of non-readers?
Seventeen respected scholars representing different biblical and related academic disciplines, wrestle with these and other important issues.