Do Things Well: The Pursuit of Excellence
13 Lessons to Help God's People Give Their Best
General Editors: David Banning & Warren Berkley
Do Things Well is a book that is concerned about churches evaluating the way they do things in light of the divine will and making changes that are biblically driven. It is to help Christians raise the bar in their worship and service to God. Students are challenged to ask, "Are we giving our best?" and, "How can we do better?". In these 13 lessons the writers address the big things we do each week, as well as the behind-the-scenes things that get overlooked.
From improving Bible classes to planning annual events Do Things Well brings saints together to study and discuss practical ways to excel in their service to God.
Each lesson includes: Tips on breaking through common obstacles, scripture references for further study, and class discussion questions.
- The Pursuit of Excellence - Max Dawson
- Greet Visitors Well - Harold Comer
- Begin a Worship Assembly Well - Philip Mullins
- Read Scripture Well - Warren Berkley
- Do Song Worship Well - Matthew Bassford
- Lead Prayer Well - Terry Slack
- Observe the Lords' Supper Well - David Banning
- Listen Well - Bubba Garner
- Do Bible Class Well - David Holder
- Do Special Events Well - Mark Roberts
- Advertise Well - Philip Shumake
- Maintain the Building Well - David Banning
- Let Us Glorify God - Dee Bowman