Gospels Side by Side Pamphlet
The Bible gives us four biographers for Jesus' life: Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John. The Gospels Side-by-Side presents Jesus from four different points of view and shows how their views unite to flesh out an awesome portrait of God. Includes concise charts that illustrate why there are four Gospels instead of just one, why three Gospels are similar, but the fourth is very different, how the Gospels complement - not contradict - each other, why most of Christ's story focuses on his last week; and more.
14 panels, fits inside most Bibles, 8.5 x 5.5 inches, unfolds to 38 inches long.
- Chart showing the point of view, symbol, and audience for each Gospel. It also shows what aspect of Jesus was emphasized depending on whether the audience was Jewish, Greek-speaking, or distinctly non-Jewish (Messiah, Authority/Power over man and nature, Ideal/perfect, Word of God)
- Harmony of the Gospels showing where each story appears in the four Gospels
- The importance of Jesus' last week and how it is treated in each Gospel
- Two charts: Jesus' miracles and parables in each Gospel
- Differences between modern and ancient biographies and what they emphasize in a person's history
- Where Jesus Walked - tracking his location in the Gospels
- Map of Jesus' Travels with red lines showing modern-day cities and countries
- What the four Passovers mentioned in the Gospels tell us about the length of Jesus' ministry
- Comparison chart of the Book of John with the three Synoptic Gospels (Matthew, Mark & Luke)
The Gospels Side-by-Side is a handy guide for anyone studying the New Testament, Life of Christ, or learning about Bible study.