Zondervan Handbook on Christian Beliefs
Two thousand years after the crucifixion of Jesus, Christianity has a greater number of followers than any other religion in the world.
- What are its essential beliefs?
- Where did they come from?
- How are they understood by different denominations?
- How do they affect the way we live?
Zondervan Handbook of Christian Beliefs is a brand-new work written by an international team of expert contributors with the needs and interests of a new generation of readers in mind. Here is an authoritative, comprehensive, and easy to understand survey of Christian beliefs---their origins, their development, and their significance for us today.
After an initial historical overview, the book is divided into six major chapters. Spanning the full breadth of Christian teaching and doctrine, the chapters explore in detail the following topics:
- The Church
- Christian Hope
Other features of this book include:
- Expert information written in highly accessible language
- Over sixty mini-articles contain more detailed information on subjects ranging from the nativity in Christian art to postmodernity, from the origins of the creeds to Christianity and social justice, from human sexuality to the problem of pain
- Nearly 100 full-color illustrations shed additional light on the extensive range of topics
- An anthology of excerpts from key Christian thinkers through the ages
Definitive in its scope, the Zondervan Handbook of Christian Beliefs is a sweeping manifesto of the Christian faith that will deepen the knowledge and understanding of every reader.
352 pages, hardcover