The Father Connection - 2nd Edition
How You Can Make the Difference in Your Child's Self-Esteem and Sense of Purpose
It's all about relationship. You don't have to be perfect. You can't do everything right. But no matter where you are starting from, and no mater what your own father was like, God can help you become the kind of influence you've always wanted to be in your children's lives.
The Father Connection looks at ten parenting qualities inspired by the ultimate model of fatherhood. Embracing these godly characteristics will make all the difference in a child, boosting self-esteem and sense of purpose, helping him or her to:
- Feel loved and secure
- Develop a reputation of integrity
- Know their dad keeps his promises
- Stand up to unhealthy peer pressure
- Avoid drug and alcohol abuse
- Save sex until marriage
- Desire their father’s counsel
- Admit when they’re wrong
- Come to their dad in times of trouble or hurt
- Admire and respect their father as their parent
Each chapter concludes with questions for reflection, discussion, and action.