The Case for the Real Jesus - Paperback
Today, the traditional picture of Jesus is under an intellectual onslaught from critical scholars, popular historians, TV documentaries, Hollywood movies, bestselling authors, Internet bloggers, Muslim debaters, and atheist think tanks. They're capturing the public's imagination with a radical new portrait of Jesus that bears scant resemblance to the picture historically embraced by the church.
How persuasive is this new image of Jesus? Is it based on well-supported facts and arguments - or does it fade away when exposed to the hot light of scrutiny? In this dramatic investigation, award-winning writer and former legal editory Lee Strobel explores such controversial questions as:
- Did Christianity suppress "alternative gospels" that portray Jesus more accurately than the New Testament?
- Did the church distort the truth about Jesus by tampering with early biblical texts?
- Have fresh insights and explanations finally disproved the resurrection?
- Were the essential beliefs about Jesus stolen from earlier mythology?
- Have new objections disqualified Jesus from being the Messiah?