Job & Daniel: Overcoming Trials
Reproducible Worksheets (book) includes 2 sections: one for grades 1-4 and one for grades 5-8, making this material good for multi-age classes. Overcoming Trials is probably one of the most crucial topics for young people today. So many of our young people are presently facing some type of serious problem, such as:
- They may have lost a close loved one
- Many have parents who are not getting along, separated or divorced
- Peer pressure at school can be extremely stressful
- Some have sinned and need to repent and return to faithfulness
These are just a few of the many problems, difficulties and stresses facing today's children and youth. RWS #114 may be taught to any one age level or combination of children from grades 1 - 12. Barbara Hanna wrote an easy text and a more difficult text for children in grades 1 - 6. Lisa Smith created most of the activities to go along with these lessons. John K. Wills prepared a more difficult text, activities and discussion questions for youth in Junior and Senior High.
The lesson titles are the same, but each of the three sets of lesson texts is different in the amount of material it covers, and the depth of thought provided. This is Hanna Publication's largest book thus far, with 227 pages. It includes the Bible examples of Job and Daniel as well as modern application.
The lesson titles are:
- God Is With Us
- God Challenged Satan
- Job Suffered Physical Pain
- Job Suffered and We Do, Too
- Job's Friends
- Daniel In Captivity
- Nebuchadnezzar's Dream
- The Fiery Furnace
- Nebuchadnezzar Became a Beast
- Handwriting On the Wall
- Daniel In the Lions' Den
- Daniel Repented for the Nation
- Why Do Bad Things Happen to Good People?