Jewish Study Bible
The Jewish Study Bible is a one-volume resource tailored especially for the needs of students of the Hebrew Bible (Old Testament). Nearly forty scholars worldwide contributed to the translation and interpretation of the Jewish Study Bible, representing the best of Jewish biblical scholarship available today. A committee of highly-respected biblical scholars and rabbis from the Orthodox, Conservative, and Reform Judaism movements produced this modern translation. No knowledge of Hebrew is required for one to make use of this unique volume.
The JSB uses The Jewish Publication Society TANAKH Translation, whose name is an acronym formed from the Hebrew initials of the three sections into which the Hebrew Bible is traditionally divided (Torah, Instruction; Nevi'im, Prophets; and Kethubim, Writings).
Since its publication, the Jewish Study Bible has become one of the most popular volumes in Oxford's celebrated line of bibles. The quality of scholarship, easy-to-navigate format, and vibrant supplementary features bring the ancient text to life. The Jewish Study Bible is a perfect, uniquely affordable resource for both students and general readers.
- Informative essays that address a wide variety of topics relating to Judaism's use and interpretation of the Bible through the ages
- In-text tables, maps, and charts
- Tables of weights and measures
- Verse and chapter differences
- Table of Scriptural Readings
- Glossary of technical terms
- An index to all the study materials
- Full color New Oxford Bible Maps, with index
- Old Testament only