How Would Jesus Vote?
How your faith should inform your vote. The 2008 election is shaping up to be one of the most important political contests in American history. In fact, Dr. D. James Kennedy believes it will be a watershed moment that could impact our very survival as a nation under God. Values voters—people whose political views and votes are based on their faith in God—are being targeted as never before. As we move forward in the campaign season, the significant players will debate terrorism, radical Islam, nuclear threats, global warming, social issues, gay marriage, immigration, education, health care, and many other essential issues that can create sharp ideological divisions. Into this overwhelmingly complex political situation, Dr. Kennedy and Jerry Newcombe bring a clear, compelling, and nonpartisan exploration of what God’s Word has to say on these critical matters. How Would Jesus Vote? isn’t intended to tell you which candidates to support; rather it offers you a Christ-centered understanding of the world to help you draw your own political conclusions. This election, don’t cast an uninformed vote that fails to reflect your values. Instead, learn how to apply your faith and obedience to God to your ballot. This timely, helpful, and hopeful book will enable you to do just that. Those who have a traditional Christian worldview are, frankly, different from other voters. Their worldview—their biblical faith—shapes every stand they take on the political issues that will determine our nation’s future. That’s the kind of voter you are, or want to be. And that’s why How Would Jesus Vote? is so vitally important. Issues you’ll explore in this book include:
- The polarization of Republican and Democratic parties: Does Christianity play a role?
- National defense and the military: Can war ever be biblically justified?
- Church and state and religious liberty: How far should faith influence governmental policy?
- Homosexuality, same-sex marriage, and gay adoption: Where should we draw the lines?
- Economics and the poor: Does the Bible teach socialism? Get a biblical consideration of such controversial issues with trustworthy guidance for determining how your faith will inform your vote.